Friday, February 24, 2023

All's well that ends well

The Ohio Democrat
Logan, Ohio
28 Aug 1902, Thu • Page 2
As I was going through the old clippings and photographs that I still have, I noticed these three newspaper clippings. All are from late summer and fall of 1902.

First my great-grandfather tore down "the old Kinlie house" around August 28 to build his new family home, financed with his wife's inheritance.

The Ohio Democrat

Logan, Ohio

Dec. 4, 1902, Thu • Page 3
Amazingly, his "handsome dwelling" was mostly* finished probably just in time for Thanksgiving on Thursday, Nov. 27 . . . but it burned on Sunday, Nov. 30.

The Hocking Sentinel

Logan, Ohio
04 Dec 1902, Thu • Page 4
Then my poor great-grandmother gave birth to her eldest son, Charles Henry Huls, just two weeks later on Sunday, Dec. 13, 1902.

All this makes me wonder if Uncle Charley was born in Logan as we thought, or was he born in Millville/Rockbridge in her childhood home?

*I say mostly because my grandfather had early memories of assisting with finishing touches around the house and he wasn't born until 1904.

-30-

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular posts