Tuesday, May 18, 2021

My spirit rejoices

Stephanie Tingler
I have been so moved by the actions of an online friend that I had to write about it.

I first "met" Stephanie about 10 years ago when I was doing random research on Uncle Charley and Margaret Speaks. I found a mention that Stephanie Tingler's dissertation had been about Margaret, so I reached out hoping she might know something about the family stories about their relationship at Ohio State.

Sadly she did not, but we have remained in touch over the years just in case either one of us discovered something new.

Stephanie very kindly reached out to me after I started this blog to say she would soon be home visiting her family and could she put some flowers on my family's graves. She even refused payment!

How many years has it been since they had flowers? Decades?

Thank you Stephanie. They have not been forgotten and that brings me both joy and peace.

We pray for the dead because we still hold them in our love.
Episcopal Catechism

-30-


No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular posts